Congratulations Grandparents-to-be! Come meet with other Grandparents for a refresher on newborn care! This is an important time in your life as you prepare to become Grandparents to a precious new addition to your family. Learn from a newborn care expert what new changes have been implemented in baby care and the reasons why! Become more confident as you begin this journey with your family!
- Normal newborn behavior and appearance
- Updated feeding guidelines
- Refresher on handling baby using a baby mannequin
- Practice swaddling baby
- New and time honored techniques for settling and soothing the newborn
- Learn about the benefits of skin-to-skin
- Refresher on burping, holding and changing diapers
- Practice new infant massage techniques that can help soothe a gassy baby
- Refresher on bathing a newborn
- The updated American Academy of Pediatrics Guidelines for safe infant sleep and infant car seat safety.
- The updated vaccination guidelines for infants