- High-quality videos
- Colorful pages with text and photos
- Parent’s Toolbox, including a feeding/diaper log, and baby comfort techniques
- Parent polls
- Optional weekly emails with timely tips
- How breastfeeding works: 3D breast anatomy and milk production animation, colostrum, breastmilk qualities, why breastfeeding is important, AAP exclusivity recommendations.
- Getting the best start: Sharing breastfeeding plans with hospital staff, skin-to-skin contact, rooming-in, lactation consultants, pacifier recommendations.
- Latching on: Reclined and upright positions, 3D animation comparing deep and shallow latches.
- Breastfeeding positions: Laid-back, cross-cradle, football, side-lying, cradle hold.
- When to feed your baby: Hunger and satiation cues, feeding patterns and guidelines, how to feed a sleepy baby, cluster feedings.
- Getting enough milk: Signs of milk transfer, growth spurts, feeding and diaper log, stool and urine guidelines, weight gain, getting help.
- Breast care: Normal breast fullness, hand expression and pumping, engorgement, nipple tenderness, mastitis and other warning signs.
- Breastfeeding lifestyle: Partner support and involvement, feeding in public, self-care, substances to avoid, support groups, returning to work.
A video conference Zoom Q & A Session is included with this class for 30 days after purchase. When you complete your online class, you may email questions to Info@OverTheMoonParenting.com for inclusion in the next monthly Zoom Q & A with one of our certified instructors.
Notes: *You will receive your class ACCESS CODE within 24-48 business hours.