- Videos, animations, and optional read-along audio
- Quizzes, interactive exercises, notes pages, and extended activities
- Essential pregnancy, birth, and new-parent tools
- PDF library, glossary, and web links
- Newborn traits: Skin-to-skin contact, newborn procedures, newborn appearance, reflexes, newborn senses, play & development.
- Newborn behaviors: States of alertness and how to interact, newborn sleep, room-sharing, gagging and choking, and breathing patterns.
- Crying and comforting: Why babies cry, infant crying patterns, comfort techniques, coping with crying, Abusive Head Trauma, postpartum emotions (baby blues and PPD).
- Feeding: Breastfeeding basics, latching on, when to feed, hunger cues, burping, how to tell if baby is getting enough milk.
- Diapering: How-to, diaper rash, diaper options, diaper bag checklist, stool and urine patterns.
- Bathing, nail care, and dressing: Sponge bathing, tub bathing, water safety, nail care, dressing.
- Newborn health: Cord care, circumcision/penis care, signs of illness, well-baby visits, jaundice, vaccines, hand washing and visitors, taking temperature, when to call the healthcare provider.
- Newborn safety: Car seats, heat stroke and hot car safety, SIDS, safe baby gear, pet safety, siblings, outdoor safety, childcare, infant CPR.
- Additional resources: When to Call Your Baby’s Healthcare Provider, Car Seat Installation, Baby’s Daily Breastfeeding Log, How to Perform Infant CPR, Infant Choking First Aid, Baby Supplies Checklist.
A video conference Zoom Q & A Session is included with this class for 30 days after purchase. When you complete your online class, you may email questions to Info@OverTheMoonParenting.com for inclusion in the next monthly Zoom Q & A with one of our certified instructors.
Notes: *You will receive an email with your class ACCESS CODE within 24 hours.