3 Breakfasts for New Moms
Today, we’ve got three healthy breakfasts for new moms that you can pull together in under a minute with one hand tied behind your back (or holding a baby.) These recipes involve minimal dishes and cook time, but maximize nutrition. Eat up!
- Overnight oats. Combine equal parts rolled oats and milk, then refrigerate overnight. In the morning, heat it and top it with your favorite mix-ins. (Note: you can use any milk: cow’s milk, soy milk, or yogurt. If you make it for your baby, you can even use breast milk.)
- Waffles. Microwave a frozen multigrain waffle topped with frozen berries for 60 seconds, then add a dollop of low fat greek yogurt and serve.
- Toast. Spread almond butter and sliced bananas over whole wheat toast, then drizzle a little local honey over it.
For the ambitious who have already had coffee, here are a few more elaborate recipes of great breakfasts for new moms:
- Rise and Shine Muffins from Weelicious
- Egg Frittatas from Family Fresh Meals
- Breakfast Burritos from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
Ready for the day? Check out our infant classes for new mothers and their babies, or try a baby art class or a baby music class!